OUR FIRM COMMITMENT TO YOU
We want to deliver the service that you expect from your lawyer and a law firm. We are dedicated to meeting or exceeding your expectations for legal services and always trying to improve how our services are delivered.
We have also set a number of specific client service standards that we follow. Here is what you can expect.
Meeting Your Expectations
- At the beginning of every matter, we will clearly understand your needs, expected outcome, and the scope of work that you are asking us to do.
- We will ask you how frequently you wish to receive progress reports—weekly, monthly, or on the occurrence of a certain milestone—and how wish to receive them—by phone, letter or email.
- We will provide you with a timetable to achieve your goals.
- At decision points, we will provide you with alternatives and recommendations and ask for your instructions.
- We will confirm your instructions to us after each meeting with a memo outlining points discussed and action to be taken.
- We will work to understand your business and, where appropriate, give proactive and strategic advice.
- On completion of each assignment, you will promptly receive a final report.
- If we are unable to answer your telephone call immediately in person, we will return your call within two business hours unless you are notified otherwise.
- Most of our lawyers are provided with mobile devices with email access and every lawyer has access at all times to their business email from outside of the office.
- If your lawyer will be out of the office for an extended period of time, we will contact you in advance and designate another lawyer to assist you during her or his absence.
- Your accepted deadlines will be met or beat.
- We will respond to your requests with a sense of urgency at all times
Always Knowing Your Costs
- If you are a new client, we will provide a realistic cost estimate for your matter at the initial meeting or as soon after as is practicable. We will also advise you of accumulated costs periodically.
- You will be advised of our billing practices at the initial meeting including:
- Fees based on time spent (including telephone conversations) on the matter by all lawyers and other time recorders,
- The hourly rate of all lawyers and other time recorders that will be working on your matter,
- Third party disbursements are billed at cost,
- Bills are rendered monthly unless otherwise agreed, and
- The interest rate for overdue bills.
- Budgets will be provided upon request.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our services, please contact Jerri Cairns, Managing Partner by phone 780.423.8638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.